It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
My favorite time of year is the Holidays; as soon as they begin to approach I get very excited for all the special things that come with it! From the Christmas decorations, family traditions, holiday parties to the simple joy of being with family and friends. I get into a joyful Christmas mood, as it is a special time to be grateful for all that we have and reflect on the past year.
Here are some of my favorite things to do during the holiday season:
1. Going to buy the Christmas tree with my family; something we take very seriously as we go all around NYC trying to find the perfect one! Once we choose the best tree we all go back home have a dinner celebration with some of our favorite foods, put on Christmas music, get into our Christmas pajamas and begin to decorate the tree! It is such a joyful and memorable time I get to share with family.
2. Connecting with old friends that I never get to see due to all our busy schedules, as it is a time of year that I make sure to call them or write letters, to let them know I appreciate them and am thinking about them! It is also time of celebration with many different holiday events, where I get to see, spend time and continue to make countless memories with these loved ones!
3. The countdown tradition, a countdown to Christmas which we have had in our family for years where I put a little wooden tree out in our living room and from December 1 to the 24th I fill each day with special surprises. My family cannot wait to open each little door daily to see what surprise is inside, from fortune cookies, to money, to little notes that say things like “you are allowed to choose where we have dinner tonight”, to little riddles and games, the little wooden tree has it all!
4. The big Christmas dinner celebration on the 24th (Christmas eve), a time where my entire family gets together and everyone helps out to make it very special. We set a very pretty Christmas themed table, everyone brings their favorite dishes to share and we gather around the table to have a nice dinner and reminisce on family memories, share our highs and lows of that year and our goals for the following year.
5. Waking up on the 25th (Christmas Day) and having a lazy pajama day with the family! A day where no one will get me out of bed…where we watch movies together, order food delivery, open up presents, Skype friends and family and enjoy each others company. A day of pampering for all.
Now that I’ve shared some of my holiday favorites, I’d love to hear some of yours!